2013 Race Scheduled for August 11 - Watch BikeReg to Register
CT State and New England Regional Championship Road Race
We're very excited about all the enquiries from new racers. We really want to
encourage you to join us. The most important point - if you're a new male racer
you must enter the Cat 5 race (new woman must enter women Cat 4, and juniors can of course
race in the juniors race).
some basic information on amateur racing in the US regarding licensing, categories, etc.
- All racers must hold a valid license to race - usually an annual license
but for men Cat 5 (women Cat 4) it can be a one-day license purchased on the day.
- The Tokeneke Classic is run under a permit from USA Cycling, the official
governing body for all disciplines of competitive cycling in the United States.
USA Cycling officials oversee the race scoring and we adhere to USA Cycling rules.
- For men all new racers and all one-day licenses are automatically Cat 5
(new women are Cat 4)
- Category 5: All new racers (and all one-day licenses)
- Category 4: cat 5 racers who have upgraded (after completing 10 races)
- Category 3: upgrade from cat 4 based on race results
- Category 2: upgrade based on results
- Category 1: upgrade based on results (Cat 1 are pro-level racers)
- You must have an annual license to upgrade from Cat 5 to Cat 4
- Some resources at USA Cycling